SPOT4YOU - Kids - Additional InformationAdditional information about our kids-orientated services.
Full List of Service Options
SPOT4YOU is able to provide fully tailored packages for all of our clients. We are very happy to discuss your individual needs with you, and provide specific costing depending on what is needed, how much time it will require and how many people will receive services. Below is a general outline of some of the services available. If there is anything not listed that you would like to discuss, please contact us and we will be happy to provide a quote.
General Talk to Parents and Teachers (Time: 1-2hours, Cost: Free)
This talk provides a general introduction to Speech Pathology (SP) and Occupational Therapy (OT). The following areas may be discussed:
- The roles of Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology with children, and a general overview of the developmental pyramid and the areas OT and SP cover.
- OT-sensory processing, behaviour, emotional regulation, anxiety, toileting, feeding, dressing, gross motor, fine motor, postural control and muscle tone, visual motor integration, visual perception, prewriting and pre-literacy skills and school readiness
- SP-articulation, phonology, receptive and expressive language, voice, fluency/stuttering, late talkers, auditory processing, following instructions/directions, pragmatics, social skills, pre-literacy and school readiness
- Overview of common childhood disorders: Autism/ASD/PDD-NOS, ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Sensory Processing Disorder
- Signs and symptoms and when to refer to SP and OT
- Importance of early intervention
- SPOT4Kids services (assessments, screens, group and individual treatment, mobile service
- Funding options available to parents to access the below services for free or minimal gaps
- Question and answer time
Basic OT/SP Screens for Children
Screens most basic areas mentioned above, and includes very brief tick and comment style report with findings and recommendations. This service is only offered to schools and preschools referring several children to be screened together. This screen provides a good quick overview to identify early warning signs, provide some goals for therapy and identify children who may need further referral or assessment.
Full OT or SP Screens for Children
Comprehensive screen of areas mentioned above, and includes 1-2 page report with findings, impact on daily school/preschool and self-care functioning, and recommendations. This screen provides a good comprehensive overview for children whose teachers have identified as having difficulties in school and who are looking for a comprehensive overview of child's areas of difficulty and further direction in terms of further referrals or therapy.
Full OT or SP Assessments for Children
Full comprehensive assessment of areas mentioned above, including 3-5 page clinical report with full definitions, diagnoses', clinical scores, age equivalents and percentile ranks, impact on functioning, recommendations, home programs and treatment plan. A more conclusive and diagnostic assessment for children with suspected or confirmed diagnoses', step by step comprehensive treatment plan, and home and school programs.
In-school, At Home or Clinic-based Individual Therapy Sessions
Treatment and implementation of various individualised OT and SP programs.
Termly (10 week) In-school Group Programs With Minimum 2 Children and Maximum 4 Children
- Sensory and gross motor groups
- Fine motor and pre-writing groups
- Visual perceptual and sequencing groups
Other groups can be tailored toward individual children and their difficulties.
- Social and pragmatics groups
- Language and pre-literacy groups
- Articulation and clear speech groups
Large Group/Whole Class SP or OT Programs
OT: Programs targeting a variety of areas, for example:
SP: Programs targeting a variety of areas, for example:
- Fine motor and gross motor movements
- Sensory procession, behaviour and emotional regulation
- Visual perceptual and sequencing
- Oral language – Receptive and expressive language
- Early literacy and phonological awareness
Training Teachers/Teacher Aides to Complete Programs
(Time dependent on a number of factors, Cost dependent on time, contact for quote)
SP or OT trains teachers and teacher aides to carry out individual/group or whole class programs (as above) within your school/preschool, and then monitors implementation of the program. This allows schools/preschools to implement fantastic programs, at a lower cost to the school.
Parent/Teacher Termly (10 Week) Specialised Workshops
Each week would generally cover normal and abnormal development, signs and symptoms, useful advice and tips/strategies for coping with affected children at home and preschool.
- Sensory processing, behaviour, emotional regulation and anxiety (including sensory diets)
- Receptive and expressive language
- Auditory processing and following instructions/directions
- Visual perception
- School readiness (pre-literacy and pre-writing)
- Late talking
- Articulation and clear speech
- Fine motor
- Gross motor and muscle tone/postural control
- Attention and concentration
- Social skills/pragmatics
- Specific diagnosis' such as ASD/Autism, ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Sensory Processing Disorder and other common childhood disorders (these can make up one week each)
- Specific programs such as How Your Engine Runs/ALERT program, Willbargers Sensory Defensiveness with thera-pressure brushing protocols, DIR Floortime principles, Therapeutic Listening Program, Ipads and APPs, and much more (also can make up one week each)
As there is more than ten topics listed here, and even more that we can cover on request, these can be chosen by the preschool in order of interest, and can extend to a second term etc.
Child Swallowing/Feeding Assessment and Management
SP assessment for children who have difficulty with swallowing and feeding. Includes full assessment of oro-motor ability, swallowing and safety, as well as providing a range of recommendations and strategies.